I grew up in Eugene, OR, and attended International High School on the Sheldon Campus (graduating in 1995). I went to the University of Oregon immediately after, where I majored in Multimedia Design. I was an active member of Sigma Nu Fraternity and was heavily involved in audiovisual technology and stage production.
After college, I began working as a professional Stage Hand, working for local venues such as the Hult Center (I.A.T.S.E.) as well as independently produced shows. In 2006, I began working for the University of Oregon in the Scheduling & Event Services department as an Event Support Coordinator. This is where I am currently employed.
The UO Scheduling & Events department facilitates all non-academic and non-athletic events on campus. We provide service to student groups, departments, and off-campus groups. Our services range from sound, lighting, A/V and setup support, as well as labor and design resources. In addition to my work as an Event Coordinator, I also serve on the Erb Memorial Union's Board of Directors, a student-run Board (managing a $10 million budget) where I serve as the Staff Representative. My relevant experience and accomplishments include:
• Managed 40+ employees including training, scheduling and performance evaluations.
• Coordinator for planning, development and facilitation of major events such as Willamette Valley Music Festival, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, High-Profile Cultural Forum concerts, Oregon Country Fair, etc.
• Departmental coordination of over 12,000 events a year in more than 100 venues.
• Managed event revenue with estimates, invoicing and billing.
• Developed comprehensive training program for advanced technology instruction; created and led
hands-on training sessions for new employees and staff.
• Chair of search committee for recruitment and retention of new staff.
• Served as a liason between technical and non-technical staff and customers.
• Proficient in many Mac/PC related software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), video and audio production applications (Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, etc.), multimedia and web applications (Macromedia Suite, etc.), and desktop publishing.
• 10 years of hands-on audiovisual experience in multi-use, performance-based facilities with familiarity in enforcing policies and procedures.
• Project Install Manager for $100,000 advanced level A/V equipment upgrade in performance facilities and meeting rooms (UO, 2007).
• Developed comprehensive training manual for technical operation of UO classrooms, meeting rooms, and Student Union facility audiovisual systems (UO, 2007).